Very large Sheffield square point Victorian sailors rope / pocket knife / also supplied to the Admiralty with very detailed horn grip, measuring approx. 8 1/2″ long closed 4 3/4 blade 4″, makers Thomas Turner & Co. Sheffield with Encore trade mark just visible as you can see the blade has been professionally personalised – – – 1743 A. Toplass the number is not a date Thomas Turner Co. Was founded in 1802, after research as far as can establish this would have been the owners / Sailors Name and Number. Due to increased Lost in Post? The item “Superb Large Victorian Sheffield Square Point Sailor’s Rope Knife T. TURNER” is in sale since Sunday, March 26, 2017. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Knives, Swords & Blades\Collectible Folding Knives\Vintage Folding Knives\Factory Manufactured”. The seller is “grandsam100″ and is located in Stoke-on-Trent. This item can be shipped to North, South, or Latin America, to all countries in Europe, to all countries in continental Asia, to Australia.
- Brand: Thomas Turner & Co. Sheffield England
- Type: Square Point Sailors Rope Knife / Pocket Knife
- Handle Material: Stag / Antler
- Blade Material: Hand Forged Steel
- Number of Blades: 1
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Range: 2.76 – 4in.
- Early Shefffield Rope Knife: Excellent condition
Incoming search terms:
- https://militaryboatsonline com/2017/03/superb-large-victorian-sheffield-square-point-sailors-rope-knife-t-turner/